Friday, September 08, 2006

who says boys can't love princess movies?

This happened about a week ago, so I guess I'd better get with the program and blog it here for posterity.
A week ago or so Nikolai, Melissa and I were sitting in my bed watching Cinderella. It'd been a while since he watched it and it was interesting to see how he took to it all over again. I didn't expdect him to. I fully expected to have to change the movie 5 minutes in, but I didn't. He liked it again. He was more in tune with the story line now that he's older, and was understanding things like the sisters tearing Cinderella's dress apart, and the step mother locking Cinderella in her room. He was *VERY* distressed by this stuff, but did allow me to calm him down.
The special scene came where Cinderella finally makes it to the ball and she and the prince are dancing. They're singing, Mama's singing, it's a wonderfully romantic moment that has every ounce of Nikolai's attention, and he says to me:
"I want the castle to explode."
Melissa and I lost it. I was chuckling right on into the next morning.

Yup, he's a boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

little does he know, in real life the castle always explodes over the romantic moment. clearly, the boys seem to prefer it this way.

9/09/2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I wouldn't mind a romantic moment in a castle. I think I can do without the explosion, though.

9/11/2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

therein lies the rub. romantic castle moments ALWAYS come with the explosion.

9/12/2006 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home