Saturday, May 27, 2006

(CO) Happy Birthday to me!

OK, so it's not my birthday today. But Aunt D.Jo, Uncle Sue and Mah planned a special dinner of hot dogs and hamburgers for me. For dessert they had gotten me a german chocolate birthday cake, and we all had a great evening. Nikolai seems to like it here, and has adjusted surprisingly well to the three dogs wandering around. Jo Jo is pretty much psycho, and barks randomly at us if we move suddenly, but Nikolai's reaction to this has gradually gotten better. Initially the barks would elicit screams and frantic crying from him, but now he just plugs his ears and runs.
I'm so excited to see everyone, and really really appreciative of the opportunity to spend some time with Mah before she moves all the way the heck up to Alaska.
I felt so blessed all evening, after Kelly had so generously paid for the whole trip for my family, then opening gifts and cards from all in Colorado. Melissa gave me a wonderful candle holder with some yummy smelling candles. I got some desperately needed and much appreciated monetary gifts from all the wonderful women there. It was a very special birthday, sitting on D.Jo and Sue's couch eating dinner at the coffee table and chatting with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home