Thursday, January 25, 2007

We all have skeletons in the closet.

But mine is in the basement.

The other day (actually last Friday) we met the inspector at the Prytania house for an inspection. It took him a few hours, and part of it was to actually crawl under the house into the basement and check things out from underneath. When he resurfaced he told us an interesting thing. Apparently there were "bones" under the house. He wasn't actually sure what kind of bones at first, but then the vertebra cleared it right up for him. He pulled the bones to the edge of the house (D'oh! Never move the evidence!!) and took many pictures.

Actually, I would have felt cheated somehow if I had bought a 120 year old Victorian house in the Garden District in New Orleans and it *wasn't* haunted.

I got as close as i could to the underside of the house and took a picture, you can see one of the bones in the picture below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you all are doing good.
Remember to keep sage on hand-

1/30/2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

Wow. I'm so very glad to hear from you. I only just realized that the one and only email address you had for me is now obsolete. I'll see if i can find your email address and send you a not-so-public mail :)

1/30/2007 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home