Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas

So this Christmas was tougher than most in some respects but easier in others. Like, for instance, I had the virtually impossible challenge of "forgetting" about the progress on the house for 3 days while all lenders and banks were closed and nothing could be done. I also ran out of money about 40 presents short, so had to just make the conscious decision that I was going to enjoy what I *was* able to do, which had been presents for the children, which was the most important of all presents anyway (this was an example of "easier", btw).
Melissa was my little helper (she said "well, at lest I'm not the old fat guy") and helped wrap presents, as well as put them under the tree on Christmas Eve. I also let her help me stuff stockings on Christmas Eve, which I think felt like a special opportunity for her. It actually really felt like I was passing on a Christmas tradition to my daughter. Training her in the art of Santa.
In the morning Nikolai woke up raring to go, and after all was said and done had enough of unwrapping presents. At one point he refused to open any more and handed them to me and said "No, YOU open it." I have a feeling next year he won't have any issues opening all his presents.

Melissa got an ipod, some clothes, some jewelry, some shoes and some various toys from Grandma and Grandpa. The crowning presents, though, came from Grandma and Grandpa. They got Melissa and Anthony each a video camera of their own.
Anthony got a gameboy micro, a very gothic looking chess set with stone dragons for pieces, wireless keyboard and mouse, some various toys.
Nikolai's presents were so various. No big present this year. He's just as happy with small ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home