Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Green Room is MINE


I took Anthony to the house today. He hadn't had a chance to see it, so I wanted to make sure he could render his own opinion. When we got up there, there were a bunch of people there looking at the house. They were wandering through MY LIVING ROOM, standing in MY KITCHEN, drooling over MY HOUSE! It was not a pretty sight. Fortunately I was able to contain myself enough that I didn't say anything out loud. One of the people checking out the house said to the realtor "Wow, with a place like this and the price, offers must just be flooding in!". His realtor responded with "No, not at all." He followed on by saying that it wasn't really a family place because of its locataion, blah blah blah. Wow...my self restraint has grown over the years. I STILL kept my mouth shut.
I sat down in my bedroom and just felt the house. We opened the window in Nikolai's room and "listened" to nothing (aside from the occasional light noise of the trespassers). I took pictures of everything I could manage, before my camera died. I left there feeling like it was my home and I was coming back every day of my life, and like I wasn't going to get it bcause there was just too much interest in it.

When we got back down to civilization we decided to stop at Burger King to get Anthony some food. On the way out of the drive-thru I got a cell phone call from my realtor. He told me that the sellers had countered our offer (asking only for a shorter loan contingency period...no extra money), and were going to work exclusively with us. We got the house!! I don't think I could have asked for a better Christmas present.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

so, where are these other photos?

12/12/2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

not here. :-D

12/12/2005 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Very exciting :)

12/13/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I agree. Out of curiosity, which Chris are you?

12/14/2005 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home