Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Is something in retrograde?

I realized this morning, while talking to Gail, that everything is falling apart at one level and coming together at a much more important and fundamental level. I've actually been able to buy a house, this is a miracle. Matt got a job that pays regularly and very well, this is another miracle. The house is in good enough shape, and we're very happy there. It suits our needs and has more space than I even imagined it did...this is a huge miracle. Melissa has decided to stay with me full time again, this makes me very very happy. Yet in the background...
Nikolai is covered in scrapes and bruises. He dropped something heavy on his toe and it split open. He ran into my bed frame while I was assembling it and got quite a gash on his heel. On the way to the vet yesterday morning, Tigger crawled over his lap and scraped up his leg. I got out the band aids last night when he got out of the bath, and realized how bad it was when the box was empty and I needed more. Giovanni bit his thumb, and broke the skin in 3 places. He's a mess.
Melissa fell yesterday and twisted her ankle and damaged her foot, I think one of the small bones in the foot might be broken. Later in the day she twisted the other ankle. I slammed her finger in a drawer, and then later the next day she smashed her finger with a basketball in P.E.
Darth Tigger cost me $700
Lumpy nearly died.

Something's in the stars. If you know if something's odd in the planets, please do tell.

In spite of it all, I'm HAPPY. I feel fulfilled. Having a house and stability for my family and myself was what I have been seeking all these years, and I'm so very happy. Broke, but happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

kisses all over the boo-boos.

i'm so happy for you, and your stability, becca. i knew you could do it.

2/07/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

who's giovanni?

2/08/2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

emeli's son. emeli works with me at borland and her son also goes to gail's for the day. nikolai and giovanni make up half the student body there.

2/08/2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the good thing is that all the boo-boo's will recover and a house will remain there "forever". :) I have no idea about the stars. I'll go look.

2/09/2006 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home