Thursday, February 02, 2006

New excuse this time

OK. I know I'm totally slacking in my blog responsibilities these days, but I've actually been ill. I sort of have an excuse. Combine that with dial-up that robs me of any ability to receive phone calls (or voice mail), and a computer that's been so ridden with viruses as to be totally hi-jacked, it's made for a pretty absent Rebecca.

I resolve to fix this moving forward. I just have to figure out how to get some high speed internet up at my house.

The poor people came to install directv at my house the other day, and discovered that the only place possible for the dish was at the top of a mountain (and even on the top of the mountain the signal had to miraculously be intercepted through a miniscule break in some redwoods). They climbed a mountain three times, and communicated through the high tech means of yelling at the top of their lungs back and forth to each other in spanish to actually get the thing working. And that was just one TV. Apparently they'll have to come back and go up and down the mountain a few more times to connect the other two tv's, as each has to have its own dedicated line from the dish to the receiver. Additionally, to make it work I, personally, have to supply 1000 ft of "duo" coaxial cable. Where does one get 1k feet of "duo" coax? Anyone...?

More to come later.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

ebay? craigs list?

2/02/2006 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fry's...try Fry's. I know that they carry wheels of other types of cables. If they don't know..I bet you they would know who. After that..try Home Depot

2/02/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

craig's list. hm. maybe I have some opium I could swap...

2/03/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

Oh yes. Fry's and Home Depot. Ever so convenient. I think I might have to drive over the hill for this. So then I ask myself "Exactly how important is TV to me?"

2/03/2006 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home