Sunday, May 28, 2006

(CO) Dirtball eats Dibs

Well, today Nikolai finally won the battle. He's been lobbying to dig and drive his cars in a small patch of sandy dirt right by the walkway leading to the front door of D.Jo's and Sue's house. I've been resisting based on the volume of dirt he would inevitably drag into the house via pockets, shoes and clothing folds. Today he was allowed to play in it, and got lost for 3 hours. This 3 year old child entertained himself happily with two cars and some dirt for THREE HOURS. I didn't think *anything* could entertain a 3 year old for that long except sleep. And sleep doesn't typically entertain this 3 year old for that long either. Perhaps I should rethink replacing all the dirt in our yard with grass. I'll be throwing out a gold mine of entertainment for this child.
He also discovered Dibs today. If you've never tried Dibs, I highly recommend forgetting they exist. I can't stop eating them, and I don't even like ice cream. Sue was kind enough to bring some outside for him, and we haven't heard much about anything but dirt and dibs from the kid for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home