Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thank God It's Over.

Tomorrow marks the end of an era, the era of "try to somehow manage working full time with no day care solution"

I can't express how grateful and happy I am that this is coming to an end. It has been 7 months since Nikolai has had a regularly daily solution, when I took him out of the Montessori school in Scott's Valley. Since then I have gone through: coming up to speed on a new and challenging job, selling an unsellable house (which included "showing", the challenge of which should not be undervalued), attempting to buy a house, giving up on buying a house and renting a house, packing all belongings from the unsellable house while taking care of a 4 year old while cleaning up the old house while working full time and then getting thoroughly screwed by the movers, DRIVING 2400 miles to reach the destination with a car in my arsenal, receiving all of my belongings to discover that most items which could be broken WERE (some items which I could not imagine would arrive missing pieces were, such as the top of my desk), unpacking some stuff (still, all this time no day care and working without time off), frantically running boxes up out of the basement to save them from a rapidly rising water level (I figured I might have a few months to rest 'til I had to worry about this...I was wrong), finally unpacking everything.

Now: It's all over.

I'm here, I'm unpacked, I love my house, I love this city, I can't describe how much I utterly love my job, I'm happy and NOW I will finally be free to work in peace!

Whew.

Nikolai insists the first thing they will teach him in school is soccer.

5 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

congrats, sissy.k

6/10/2007 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is so nice to hear you are so happy. Just wish you didn't have to be so many miles away from us to find happiness :( Can't wait to hear how school goes.

6/11/2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

school is challenging.

re: so many miles, if you would find a cheaper place to live maybe I wouldn't have had to move so far away. ;-)

6/12/2007 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! well they say some of most great is hardest fought for. I am happy for you all thank the Goddess you had Melissa's help huh? shes a great daughter are the boys haveing a great new life?

6/12/2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

yes, thank my lucky stars for my beautiful daughter.

nikolai is doing pretty well, anthony doesn't notice much since he doesn't leave the house much. :-D

6/12/2007 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home