Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bed bugs

So, on Sunday night Nikolai went to bed as usual, happy as can be. Around 1:00 or so AM he woke up screaming irrationally. I couldn't sooth him, and it took some for him to calm down on his own enough to be able to make contact with reality again. After he had calmed enough to actually annunciate, he started saying "BUGS! BUGS! THEY'RE COMING DOWN!" I responded with "What bugs, sweetheart?", to which he replied "THE BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE!!" I gave up on rational conversation and just attempted to calm him down as much as possible. By the time he had gotten relaxed enough that he might have a hope of falling back asleep, he was wiiiiiide awake. It took him 2 1/2 hours to fall back asleep. By the time he did I was so exhausted that I fell asleep before I hit the pillow.

The next morning I relayed this story to Kris, and he said "Hmm...maybe we shouldn't have played that bed bugs game..."

Here is Nikolai the next morning. I wish I looked this chipper on Monday morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

that's funny - that just happened to me, too. then the momma bug came and comforted me till i fell back asleep.

2/14/2006 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bed bug game is very bad for kids this age!

2/15/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

leave it to the men.

kelly, your momma bug is bed ridden. how did that happen?

2/15/2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home