Thursday, November 16, 2006

Quick update

It's midnight and this is the first real free minute I've had today. I figured I'd put something here just to stay in touch.

Stephanie (sister living in Bolivia) arrives tomorrow morning at 10:25 am with her two daughters. I'm so excited to see them, and have the privelege of picking them up at the airport. I have to leave an offsite engineering meeting at work to pick them up, but I think it's a small price to pay. ;-)

I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I had hoped I would get done before their arrival. Everything is still a disaster here at the house. It's been worsened by the frantic pace of this week, so I'm praying no one actually comes to my house to see the state it's in.

It only just right now occurred to me that Thanksgiving is only a week away, and I have done nothing (well, I ordered a turkey) with respect to preparations for the meal. Hope no one was really attached to eating food on Thanksgiving. I can make up for the glaring lack of food with an abundance of small metal cars of many types and colors. There are even some small bite-sized jets, for those of you who don't want to make "vroom" noises. The jets make a "neeeeeeeooooowwwmmmmm" noise that can be considerably more gratifying to make, although consequently you won't be making friends with the cats that day.

I'll write something more later in the week when I have a sense of humor back.

1 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

squeeeeeal

11/16/2006 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home