Friday, March 02, 2007

First night in the sinkhole

I spent my first night in the new house last night. A couple of things hadn't occurred to me before I made the decision to live there. The first, of course, was to consider what I was supposed to do with my car, which is at ground level not sea level when parked in the driveway. The second and not so obvious to a not-so-city gal such as myself was noise of cars on Napoleon.

duh.

I was awoken at 5:30 am this morning by the sound of the garbage trucks. They came THREE different times. I think there was a bus. There was some sort of emergency necessitating an entire army's worth of fire trucks and ambulances. I felt like my bed was on the median between the two lanes of Napoleon. Needless to say I'm *not* in a very good mood this morning. I never did get back to sleep. I figure inevitably one of to things has to happen: either I get used to it and can sleep through the racket or I go insane from sleep deprivation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that really sucks. That is the main thing I hate about cities, so many people and so much noise. And with a little one, you can't even invest in good earplugs :(

3/02/2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

agreed on that one..but I think you'll slowly filter out that part over time or at least beable to roll over and go back to sleep. New places always are difficult to get used to

3/02/2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

yeah. I suppose I was able to get over the sound of those screaming redwoods.

and yeah, it really sucks that I can't just get ear plugs. would be so nice.

3/03/2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

you'll get used to it. if i can get used to the dumpster trash trucks, you surely can. :) at first i thought the world was ending, but ki sleep right through them now.

3/04/2007 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home