Monday, April 10, 2006

Increase in productivity

OK. So, my resolution to be more productive in April is actually working out very well. I'm finding that (now that I'm among the living again) I'm actually more productive given the time that I have, and I'm spending more quality time with the kids in the evenings than I was previously. I have to sacrifice some cleaning time, with which the Gods of Clorox are unhappy, but I feel this was a necessary shift. I'm sure I will be smited, but oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Unfortunately for those who actually care to read my blog, this means that during the day I'm mostly unable to update my blog here and read your blog there, but don't take it personally. I'm neglecting everyone equally. I'm going to make a more concerted effort in the evenings before bedtime but after kid time to update my blog, but this might interfere with my recently reestablished shower schedule. I'm gonna stink, but at least you'll be well informed. I think this works out well, since you can read my blog from the relative safety of your own offices/cubicles/homes and don't actually have to subject yourselves to the vapors. The Gods of Pantene will also be unhappy, but as far as I can tell they aren't nearly as vengeful as the Clorox Gods.

I think my only words of advice to you during this trying time are:
If you see 4 days in a row of blog posts between 10:00 and 11:00 pm, don't come visit my office.

5 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

it's a sad, sad thing, this constant battle for time. this zero sum game that means if we take time to do one thing, something else important doesn't get done. here's what i want: a Pointless Time-waster Wipe. i want to just have a handy dandy wipe to wipe away the guy who stops in front of me on an onramp. or wipe away the hardware failure that costs 4 hours of troubleshooting/repair when i really need to be finishing my homework. or wipe away countrywide bank, which has eaten up countless hours on hold and fixing problems that never get fixed. yes. that's what i need. the Countrywipe.

4/11/2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I need a Sears Wipe.

4/11/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ROFL...and this ladies and gentlemen is how I have time to cross-stitch. :)

4/11/2006 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you must be smelling good, no new posts the last couple of days ;)

4/12/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

yeah. I tried to shower and post last night, but it didn't work. for future reference, computers and showers are not compatible.

4/12/2006 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home