Friday, April 21, 2006

Shoo fly, don't bother me

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I just had to open the windows and let the warm fresh air in the house. It's been so stuffed up with the rain that it needed it. Consequently, a few large, very fat, very noisy and very obnoxious flies decided to fly in the house to join us. They were buzzing around and around and around, annoying the heck out of all of us, when Nikolai asked if we should scare them away. This brought to my mind immediately the song "Shoo fly, don't bother me". I began to sing it and he looked at me like I had 4 heads. He was quiet for a few minutes and then got up to retrieve his shoes from our coat closet. With one shoe in each hand he proceeded to Shoe the flies away.

We had extensive and exhaustive conversations for the rest of the evening about Shoe'ing flies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how literal 3-year olds are. It even took me a minute to get it - shoe = shoo. Cute.

4/22/2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home