Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Success!

I am happy to report that I have actually succeeded in my arduous effort to become more productive. I find that I'm cleaning less (really effectively this means that everything domestic is falling behind...dishes are piling up like landfills, laundry is mountainous beyond belief, nightmares plague me each night about neglected household tasks), which means that come the weekend I'm hosed. Come to think of it a hose might just be my solution.

At any rate, I'm feeling much happier. I'm doing more, and I'm happy. Why is it that the tendnecy of humans is to follow the path of least resistance, when it's glaringly obvious, for those who care to look, that the path of most resistance holds the greatest reward?

Because I just can't resist, I have to show you this picture. While I was sick and unable to get out of bed, Nikolai conducted yet another experiment in Dentifrice Options. I think this child is seriously confused about dental care, and needs some comprehensive lessons. Obviously the teaching I'm doing has been unsuccessful.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he wants to become a member of the blue man group.

4/13/2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I hadn't thought of that. maybe he already is a member, and this is his special way of breaking the news to me.

4/13/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Charity Doc said...

My parents saved a bunch of pictures from my childhood that frankly embarrassed the heck out of me when ever she brings them out to show people. Imagine bringing home a date to meet mom and she whips out the picture of you sitting on the potty with toothpaste all over your legs. Gee, thanks Mom!

4/14/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

i've always wondered why this is embarassing to people...why would an adult (or teenager) get embarassed about a picture like this? kids are completely innocent. it's pure sweetness and entertainment. it's not like when he's 21 he should feel embarassed that he emptied out a tube of toothpaste on his leg. it's what kids do. nothing to be embarassed about!

4/15/2006 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The toothpaste part isn't embarassing, it's the sitting on the potty! The toothpaste all over is funny.

4/16/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

i guess i'm dense, but i still don't get it. what's embarrassing about being on the potty when you're three? i'd say that's something to be proud of.

4/16/2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

especially when three year olds often spend the better part of the day on the potty.

4/16/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I've been thinking about this, and I don't get it. everyone goes potty. I don't agree that it's embarrassing.

i'd be happy to post a photo like this of myself, if I had one. my mother says I painted the whole bathroom blue when I was his age. I'd post that if I could.

4/17/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home