Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter time again!

Well, here we are at easter time again. I love this time of year. I find it funny that I go absolutely nuts for holidays. Where did I learn this? I don't remember my mother doing this when we were growing up. Anyway, the typical easter tradition is that we do two two egg hunts: one outside with real eggs and one inside with plastic eggs (the logic here being that if an egg doesn't get found, it doesn't sit rotting under the couch for a few months before being discovered by a 3 year old). Then we follow the egg hunts along with the annual visit from One Eye'd Pete. He's a pirate who seems to have followed our family around all over the place since Anthony was about 6 years old. Every year he mistakenly buries at least one box containing treasures in our yard somewhere. This is impressive because not only has he misplaced a good number of boxes over the years, he hasn't even come back to retrieve any of them. And somehow he knows where we live. Every year, he knows where to lose a box. Amazing. It's getting tougher every year, though. I think Anthony and Melissa are old enough now that I just can't do much to entertain them. It's sad in a way.

One year there were two boxes: one for each child. One Eye'd Pete must be pretty in touch with sibling rivalry issues, because this was the perfect year for two separate boxes.

And then there was the year the kids found One Eye'd Pete's box in the attic which they had completely forgotten existed. Here they are seen removing their easter baskets from the dryer.

2 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

>Where did I learn this?

i've always wondered this. i can't help but think our 180˚ polar opposite responses to holidays must be different responses to the same situation. you excessively embrace, i excessively reject. i'm not sure this fascinates anyone but me.

4/13/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I'm sure a doctor might be concerned.

Matt, this seems unwise. I can't put my finger on why just yet, but there are red flags goin up all over the place here.

4/13/2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home