Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Shameless bragging about child

I rarely do this, but this time I just had to blog about it. Mostly because this is, in fact, Nikolai's baby book of sorts. I haven't had time to fill his out (I know, I know, I'm three years and a few months late), so what I blog here is what I'll remember in 10 years.
The night before last we were laying in bed watching some TV (animal planet), and there was a big NEXT on the TV. Nikolai said "That's an N! N for Nikolai!" and so I said "That is an N. It actually spells Next, though. N-E-X-T spells next." He said "G is for Giovanni!" I said "Yes, that's right, it is!" and so he said, slowly and deliberately, thinking between each letter "G--I--V--I--N! Giovanni!" and then paused and said "E!! E!" meaning he'd forgotten the "e" sound at the end.
I think he's ready to read now.
OK, I'm done with the shameless bragging.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is really great and amazing at his age! Funny thing is last night Madisyn wanted to know how to spell snake and insisted I help her write it on about 5 different pages of her notebook ;) Funny kids!

6/14/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

yeah. something tells me he'll not outdo uncle kris.

btw, for those of you who don't know, uncle kris taught himself to read before preschool in an attempt to keep up with his brother 3 years older.

6/15/2006 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home