Saturday, March 03, 2007

Nikolai is 4 today

Well...as much as one can settle in to their new home with no bed, no couch, no pots, no pans, no belongings to speak of.

The house is seeming a bit more like home. Today was officially Nikolai's 4th birthday. We gave him a party back in California so his friends of the last 4 years could be there for the party, but had an unofficial commemoration today as well. We loaded up on Hot Wheels gear (party stuff) and got a helium tank for some balloons. We got him an orange cake from Winn Dixie and had a small but fun party here at the house. He enjoyed it as much as the big party, I think. It figures. I'll post pictures as soon as it seems like an easy thing to get them from my phone to my computer here.

We had a moment of panic when a 36" helium balloon hit the florescent light fixture in the kitchen on the 13' ceiling. It appears to be sort of just dangling there right now, and I don't know if it's made of glass or plastic, so if it hits the bricks it could be really scary. I'm hoping I can afford a ladder sometime soon to at least climb up to see if it's hanging by a thread or at least made of plastic so I don't have to worry so much.

I'm slowly getting used to the noise factor here at the house. Hoping putting furniture and stuff in the house will reduce noise some. I did break down and buy 2 5' x 8" rugs at wal*mart today. At least Nikolai has somewhere soft to play now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Nikolai!!! Sweet baby boy!!! :)

3/05/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the previous comment deserved it's own space. :) Walmart rocks! Am glad to hear that things are slowly settling in...When does your furniture arrive?

3/05/2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

walmart is very cool. I'm flying back to california somewhere around the 16th, movers are coming on the 19th to pack up our stuff. I'm looking forward to having stuff again. :)

3/05/2007 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Man, and we were going to call him on his b-day but was dealing with a sick kid and forgot to call :( I hope he forgives us. Madisyn sure does miss him and talks about him all the time.

3/05/2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well Irene was very unhappy that we missed the park play date on Saturday...She talked about meeting up with Madisyn big time. :) We'll have to work on another one.. :D. Maybe all of us can get together while rebecca is back for a bit...???

3/06/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I'll be back from about the 15th through the 20th. This is the trip where we pack up all of our stuff to be moved.

3/09/2007 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home