Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My self esteem is soaring

On the way to school/daycare/work this morning we were all three in the car driving along Mt. Hermon Rd., on the way to Melissa's school. Nikolai was sort of going in and out of the sun as we turned slightly left and right. He really dislikes the sun, especially when it shines on him, and so he said to me "Mama, can you turn the car so the sun isn't shining on me?" I felt so sorry for him (I really don't like the sun much either), but there was nothing I could do. I told him "I'm sorry, sweetie, but I have to stay on this road, and turn wherever the road does." About 2 miles later, after driving in silence, I turned left onto Scotts Valley Drive into the shade, and up from the back seat pipes Nikolai, "Good Job, Mama!!"

I feel so good about myself.


on a side note, while I was composing this post I attempted to map mt hermon rd in scotts valley as a link up there so you who aren't in this area would know the geography of the story, and this is what yahoo maps gave me:
(click here)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, driving over the ocean, now that is impressive! :D

2/22/2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. I died laughing when I saw that. Good Job, Momma!!!

2/23/2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home