Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Dear Anonymous,

This blog is not for you.
This blog is for me. This blog is for my own reflection, and for my own purposes 10 years from now. This blog is a journal of my life, and who will care about that more than I (arguably God could care more, but something tells me that in 20 years God won't need my blog to remember my experiences of the past).
This blog is information for my family and friends who do actually care to read the content.
This blog is for posterity. I believe my children will love to read it.
This blog was not intended for you.
If you are interested in reading, please continue to do so and feel free to comment as much as you would like. But if this blog is indeed boring for you, then please cease reading. I have no interest in your ideas of what Christ or God would or would not want from me.
I honestly do not appreciate such unjustified and unwelcomed criticism about my life from one so very ignorant about it and its paths and jewels.

Finally, I am fundamentally against such pushy religious recruit tactics such as this. I understand that it is most likely that at the root of your faith and belief in God is an utter desire to spread your happiness and joy, but do take it from someone at the receiving end of your words: It is pushy, critical, judgemental and unwelcomed by *many*.
I do not believe in a God who rules tyrannically, who would expect His children to be driven by fear (think: hell)
More importantly, I do not believe in a God who would make it your business which God I believe in or why.
Even more importantly, I tend to refrain from discussing such emotionally charged subjects such as God on my blog. While it might be one of the most important facets of life and being it is not my intent to raise anyone's hackles.

Thank you for listening.

Anonymous's original comment on Devolution blog post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. what she said. (bec, you should put a link to anonymous's original comment so we don't have to hunt for it.)

7/06/2006 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home