Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What is it with the funny names?

My children, in their brilliance, really have chosen creative names for their pet objects and animals. As we all know, Melissa at 7 named her white cockatiel "White Lump". Anthony was a tad less creative with his favorite pet named "Bird" (yes, it was a bird), however he did name a large train track he constructed when he was four, they were his "convisements". Following in this unspoken tradition, Nikolai has named two of his (actually Anthony's, but he loves them so much he just might adopt them) cars. One is hot pink and orange, and its name is "Egg Burp". The other one, a nice little yellow car with a sweet disposition in spite of its chronic halitosis, is named "Fenninnime". I shudder to think of the possibilities for my grandchildren's names...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL. I can't wait to hear the next name.

3/01/2006 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot one of my favorite ones from Melissa- "Dog" who was actually a cat. Did I get that right or was it the other way around ;) Madisyn doesn't make up funny names, but you should hear the stories she makes up :D

3/01/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I've heard some of the stories she makes up...it's great. And yes, you had that right...dog was a cat. I'm sure I'm overlooking several others here...

3/01/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

i hear that nikolai made up a funny name for you...

"momma"....oh man...what a kooky kid. what will he think of next?

3/02/2006 4:35 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

hey, no need to get harsh with the elipses there. sometimes I get carried away, usually I catch myself before it's actually published. sheesh.

3/02/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

sorry, but the ellipse after "kelly said" wasn't my doing. speaking of funny named pets, is south moving to california anytime soon? cuz she keeps asking me about it.

3/04/2006 5:47 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

ps. you started it with the ellipses. pot.

3/04/2006 5:50 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

good question. I still haven't brought it up with matt, believe it or not.

3/04/2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home